Saturday 8 September 2012

The Beginning

This blog is not for the faint of heart, since it is about my animal bone collection. I will write about how I clean my bones, where I find them and other things related to my collection.

My passion for bone collecting started while on a family road trip to Yellowstone National Park. I wanted to get an animal skull so bad!  On our way home, while driving on i94, my mom, who driving at the time, stopped because she saw a skeleton in the ditch.  

My dad went to see if there was a skull and if it was in a good condition. After a few seconds he called us and my mom and I went to join him. What we saw surprised us... there where 2 skeletons and coyote or fox dens all around us! We opted not to stay very long, although there was much to see. We checked the 2 skulls that where there, 1 pronghorn: was damaged, and the other: a deer, still had rotting skin on it. We could not bring it in our car since we still had a long way to drive and the skull would only make our car smell really bad.  Before we left I was able to take 2 horns that used belonged to the pronghorn.  After that moment, I was hooked.





1 comment:

  1. Cool story bro

    P.S. You should change your theme or your font

    ReplyDelete